Ginger is popular for its medicinal values and widely used in food, cosmetics and beverages such as meat, candies, biscuits, desserts, bread and alcoholic drinks. It has many medicinal uses. Here are some of them.
Ginger is popular for its medicinal values and widely used in food, cosmetics and beverages such as meat, candies, biscuits, desserts, bread and alcoholic drinks. The biological properties of ginger help in cleansing skin problems. Its pungent smell is adorable by cosmetic industry. Hence it is used in making soaps, lotions etc. Ginger is added to food for improving the quality of food so that it can be preserved for a long time.
It has many medicinal uses. Here are some of them.
1. Mixture of ginger and lemon juice helps in indigestion and all other stomach problems.
2. Mix a pinch of salt in a table spoon of ginger juice and drink it to get cure from diarrhea.
3. Mix green ginger juice with lemon juice; add a little honey or a pinch of cardamom powder for treating vomiting.
4. Dried ginger powder mixed with butter milk is very effective for dysentery.
5. Use ginger juice twice a day for treating coughs.
6. Take dry ginger and coriander seeds in the ratio of 1:2 and boil them in a cup of water till the water is reduced to 1/4th of its original quantity. Drink it while it’s hot for treating influenza.
7. Mixture of green ginger and jaggery cures tongue ailments and mouth ulcers.
8. Apply the paste of dry ginger on fore head to get instant relief from headache.
9. Applying a pinch of ginger powder to the nostrils is very effective in case of fainting.
10. Eating a little powder of dry ginger mixed with sesame seed oil is helpful in getting rid of foul smell of perspiration.
11. Take 50 gm. of dry ginger, pepper corns, cloves, nutmeg, anise seed and dry curry leaves and make a powder with them. Add 5 gm. of broneol camphor to this and make a mixture. Consuming a tea spoon of this mixture helps to purify the semen and prevents premature ejaculation.
12. Take 5 gm. each of horse gram, ginger, hippali roots, black cardamom and pineapple peels; pound them together and boil them in 200 ml of water until the water reduces to ¼th of the quantity. Cool it and drink it by adding a little jaggery for a few days to treat premature menopause.
13. Take ginger tea daily made with ginger roots for relieving stress.
14. Take a teaspoon of ginger root juice with honey for lowering your cholesterol. This alos prevents the formation of blood clots.