Rosemary herb is great natural healer and has the ability to treat many diseases. It can improve mental problems as well. It has earned the popularity for its medicinal properties. It is used as natural remedy to prevent and cure many diseases. But pregnant women should avoid eating rosemary as it can cause problems in pregnancy. But overall itâ€™s a wonderful herb that provides vital health benefits. Here are the 15 outstanding health benefits of rosemary herb.
Rosemary herb or Rosmarinus officinalis belongs to the family of Lamiaceae and the genus of Rosmarinus. It is not only known for strong taste and aroma but also very popular for the medicinal properties. This native herb of Mediterranean region is used in many traditional medicines around the world. In Indian traditional medicine Ayurveda, rosemary herb is used extensively to cure different types of health problems and diseases. Rosemary provides many important health benefits. Benefits of rosemary are including heart health benefits and psychological health benefits. This herb contains several outstanding properties such as anti-oxidant, anti-septic, anti-depressant, anti-viral, analgesic, aphrodisiac and anti-inflammatory properties. Strong medicinal properties and impressive nutritional profile contribute significantly in health benefits of rosemary. Given below are the 15 outstanding health benefits of rosemary herb.
Rosemary herb is a good source of calcium, dietary fiber and iron. It contains significant amounts of Vitamin A, B vitamins such as folic acid, pantothenic acid, pyridoxine, and riboflavin and anti-oxidant Vitamin C. Rosemary also contains certain phytochemicals which are responsible for anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic properties. Rosemary phytochemicals are including Flavonoids, loline, acetylcholine, ethylamine and rosmarinic acid. Rosemary essential oil is considered as one of the best essential oils and it is used to treat many health problems. Rosemary essential oil is very beneficial for skin and hair as well.
Health Benefits of Rosemary Herb:
1. Rosemary herb is very good for the immune system. It stimulates body’s immune system and enhances its activity
2. Rosemary is a wonderful herb to treat stomach problems and digestive disorders. Rosemary leaves boost digestive functions and help to treat problems such as constipation, gastritis, and diarrhoea.
3. Rosemary promotes good blood circulation throughout the body.
4. It is also a helpful herb to treat inflammatory diseases such as arthritis.
5. Rosemary leaves are very beneficial to treat asthma.
6. One of the major health benefits of rosemary is that it protects from cancers. Anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic properties of this herb helps to protect from cancers especially breast cancer.
7. Rosemary herb is very good for providing protection against heart disease. It controls irregular heartbeats, protects heart from oxidative damage and strengthens the heart health. It is also helpful in regulating healthy blood pressure levels.
8. Rosemary is a powerful anti-depressant and rosemary tea is used to get rid of depression and mental stress.
9. It is a natural remedy for treating headache and muscle pain.
10. It is used to treat cold, cough and fever. This herb is also known for the treatment of bronchitis.
11. Like many other herbs, rosemary also contributes to the healthy skin. It’s an important ingredient of the skin care regime as it can enhance the health of the skin significantly.
12. Also, rosemary is a beneficial herb for the hair. It prevents dandruff and hair fall and makes the hair healthy.
13. Studies suggest that rosemary herb is beneficial to treat Alzheimer’s disease. Anti-inflammatory properties of rosemary plays important role in this problem.
14. Rosemary is beneficial to treat liver congestion.
15. Rosemary herb is known to treat insomnia as well.
These are the 15 outstanding health benefits of rosemary herb. Rosemary and rosemary oil both are important for the natural therapy and great remedies for many diseases and conditions. Using rosemary is always very beneficial but one should consult medical professional before treating any serious health problems with natural remedies.