Cedarwood essential oil is extracted from Juniperus virginiana that belongs to the Cupressaceae family. This essential oil helps balance the vital energy of the body, and also encourages spirituality. Physically, it helps clear the respiratory tract of excess mucus, treats urinary tract infections, and improves the texture of your skin appreciably.
Cedar Essential Oil
Cedar wood essential oil is yellow, viscid essential oil that has a warm top-note and a woody, balsamic and slightly sweet under-tone. The cedar wood essential oil is extracted via steam distillation from wood pieces of the Cedar tree, which thrives in the cold climate and high altitudes.
Cedar Essential Oil Properties
Cedarwood essential oil blends well with: Rose, Benzoin, Cypress, Bergamot, Frankincense, Juniper berry, Lemon, Lime, and Lavender. Its health promoting properties include: anti septic, astringent, anti spasmodic, tonic, anti seborrhoeic, emenagogue, diuretic, expectorant, and sedative.
Cedar Essential Oil Uses
The cedar wood oil can be used in several ways; either in an aroma lamp diffuser, added to the bath water, in a vaporizer or as a massage oil. Here are some of the most successful and effective uses of the essential oil:
• Cedar essential oil tones the kidneys, pancreas and spleen. The oil helps fight urinary infections, boosts the functioning of the kidney and adrenals and helps detoxify the system.
• Cedar has a mildly sedative effect and helps soothe the nervous system.
• It is a powerful anti septic, and prevents wounds from becoming septic, and also prevents infection by clostridium tetani (the tetanus causing bacteria).
• Cedar oil helps allay spasms of the intestines, respiratory tract, heart, muscles and nerves.
• Cedar Wood Oil is a wonderful tonic, working powerfully on the skin, hair, muscles, digestive system and hormones.
• The oil creates a warm, calming and comforting atmosphere; it helps banish stress and soothes frayed nerves.
Cedar Wood Essential Oil and its Benefits for the Skin and Hair
The essential oil is extensively used to manage a host of skin conditions and ailments; it helps treat acne, and is decidedly useful for oily skin and mixed skin types. It is suitable for most skin types, but is exceedingly beneficial for mature skins having fine lines and wrinkles. Cedar essential oil enhances the texture and complexion of your skin significantly and makes it supple and more youthful. It is also beneficial for hair disorders; it helps manage hair loss and gets rid of dandruff permanently.
Precautions when Using Cedarwood Essential Oil
Cedarwood oil must not be used during pregnancy; nor is it safe for babies and infants. The oil has strong abortive and neuro toxic properties. Nonetheless, if used judicious and with care, Cedarwood can be of immense use. It is recommended that you seek professional advice in case you are unfamiliar with the use of aromatherapy essential oils, particularly to understand the dilution and blending of various oils.